EFT: Easy Steps for Everyone
Each of us has the power to successfully and skillfully use EFT meridian tapping. Even newcomers to tapping have all that it takes to be successful, however many are being told that they need to learn fancy protocols, and I believe otherwise!
For years before knowing about EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) I practiced NET (Neuro Emotional Technique). In NET the patient holds a feeling, which could be physical or emotional/ mental/ psychological. Because the patient presented to a practitioner with some kind of discomfort, it is just that – the discomfort – that is focused upon. There is no need for an affirmation, set-up statement, or learning any kind of protocol for the process to work. The patient holds a “snapshot” of the issue and focuses on the feeling of that.
In EFT the basic concept is the same. Although Gary Craig has presented us with a wonderfully balanced set-up statement that can support balanced polarity and usually clear psychological reversal, it is the FEELING rather than the words that is important while you tap on the meridian points. (I advise all EFT users to start with the karate chop point and the Gary Craig set-up statement x 3, then go right into holding the feeling.) The EFT sequence can be very short and easy, even for a person new to the concept.
So, if you are interested in starting to use EFT in your life, here are some tips to help you keep it easy:
- Learn the meridian tapping points first
- Learn the basic set-up statement and use it in its easiest format: “Even though I f eel __________ (about ________), I deeply and completely accept myself.” = (I know that I’m doing the best that I can do and I love myself for that!)
- If the set-up statement is uncomfortable for you to say, then tap on that first until you feel comfortable using it.
- State the set-up statement while tapping the karate chop point x 3 in order to get your subconscious involved and unblocked.
- Then just talk to yourself – just as though you are talking to your best friend. (Your subconscious, right mind/limbic brain is listening.) Talk about your feelings as you tap from one point to the next.
- Do your tapping deliberately and don’t feel bad about lingering on a point for several phrases or sentences. Move to the next point when you feel some relief on the previous point.
- Create your own style of talking “your talk” while you tap. Just remember that the only reason that you are “talking” is to remind you of what you are feeling.
- Love yourself enough to tap whenever you feel less than optimal in ANY area of your life.
- Tap on yourself only – until you feel totally confident and you have experienced many successes in clearing uncomfortable feelings.
- Share with others after you truly believe that this works for you and have some wonderful personal experience in using the process!
You have everything you need right now to be successful in meridian tapping, so jump right in there and start utilizing EFT. You will be glad that you did!